Star Rating: ****
This superbly located hotel is full of Austrian charm and tradition, set directly opposite the famous Hahnenkamm gondola for access to walks and just a five-minute stroll from the historic Old Town.
Facing the ‘Asten’ and legendary ‘Streif’ ski runs with the lift station so close, means access to skiing in winter and hiking in summer could not be easier.
Rooms are furnished in modern country house style – loads of Swiss stone pine and warm check fabrics – and come with flatscreen TV and free Wi-Fi.
Live piano music in the impressive Silbar provides a relaxing ambiance and chef de cuisine Ernst Köstenbaumer turns traditional Austrian cuisine into a contemporary form with international influences. An excellent wine cellar finishes off the gastronomic experience.
Wellness is taken seriously with an indoor pool offering views outside, as well as sauna, steam room, relaxation and treatment rooms.
- Award winning restaurant
- Indoor pool with panoramic views
- Garden and sun terrace
- Sauna and spa area (free)
- Beauty treatments and massage (pay locally)
- Fitness room
- Wi-Fi (free)
- Indoor pool
- Free E-Bike hire (subject to availability)
- Mountain biking
- Ice skating
All 73 rooms are furnished to a high standard and have flat screen cable TV, free Wi-Fi, minibar with free soft drinks, free tea & coffee making facilities, bathrobes & slippers, hairdryer, radio and safe.
- Austrian twins type 'Rettenstein' have bath or shower
- Type 'Hahnenkamm' are larger with seating area and balcony
- Junior suites type 'Schwarzkogel' are larger still with balcony and lounge area
- Single rooms with bath or shower are available at no supplement
Hand Picked By
Latest from our Travel Experts
I have just come back from an amazing trip to Thailand on the 'Star Clipper'. It provided the experience of a traditional sailing ship or private yacht...Read More
I travelled this winter to Phuket in Thailand to join the Star Clipper for a unique sailing adventure through Thailand and Malaysia.
Before joining the...Read More