Branch Manager, Bath or Chepstow
Miles Morgan Travel is the South West’s largest and most successful travel group. With 15 branches and a number of websites we were recently awarded the title of Best Travel Agent for the South West and South Wales for the second year running. We continue to thrive and expand with further plans for 2018 and beyond.
As manager of our Bath or Chepstow branches, you will have the opportunity to join this dynamic company and really influence its future success. Whilst large on turnover (over £30 million) we have a small business mentality with everyone very ‘hands on’.
Your principle responsibilities will be:
- Achieving all branch targets including Foreign Exchange.
- Delivering and implementing of all company policies and procedures.
- Leading by example in all aspects of your role.
- Ensuring that your branch operates effectively.
- Coaching and developing your team to ensure that all individual targets are met.
- Constantly raising the profile of your branch though on-going business development.
Your main duties will be:
- Monitoring service levels daily with every customer to ensure that the Miles Morgan Travel experience is delivered by all staff members.
- Implementing a business plan of activity to ensure that you continue to network, build your client base and have a high profile within your area. Plus pushing the boundaries to gain business in new areas.
- Being a figurehead in your local community by continually networking and attending local events where you meet fellow business people.
- Monitoring staff productivity weekly and give timely and appropriate feedback on achievements and manage underperformance.
- Ensuring that you have an inspired, motivated and challenged your team.
- Planning and organising your workload to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ensuring the company uniform policy is adhered to at all times.
- Communicating effectively to ensure that your team are kept updated using the company topicality form to cascade sales updates, company focus, commercial updates and all key communications and directives.
- Demonstrating an awareness of the business opportunities and support them though the team.
- Finding solutions to issues in a timely manner with lasting positive results.
- Attending managers meetings, conferences and promotional events as required.
- Taking responsibility for all bookings being invoice posted daily so that commissions are not lost.
- Conducting a daily audit on new bookings to ensure that the correct documentation has been processed ad completed.
- Ensuring that profit is maximised on every booking though monitoring and your daily file check.
- Ensuring that all of your shop visit action points are completed by the next visit or sooner if agreed.
- Maximising profit though effective use of your window, reflecting the best offers for your local market.
- Undertaking any other duties that may be seen to fall into the job criteria.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact our General Manager, Mandy Shillito, on 07500 930998.
Please make your application using the form below.